If you are a college student or recent graduate seeking an opportunity that will hone your photography skills and quickly build your portfolio, then Patriyachtic is the place for you! As part of our crew, you will gain valuable experience in retail-focused and lifestyle-marketing photography.
Patriyachtic is a new (nine-months old!) company that sells clothing, gifts, and gear for people who love boats and who love the water. If you’re familiar with the brands Salt Life, Vineyard Vines, or Simply Southern, you’ll probably understand a bit about our target market. We need your help to capture the joy of being on the water with the loyalty and spirit of American patriotism. Most boaters are very, very patriotic – and we’ve taken Patriotic + Yacht and creating PatriYACHTic. Grab your duffle bag and get ready to join a fun crew that’s setting a course for success!
Patriyachtic will be the favorite lifestyle brand for people who love boats and who love America.
Photography Intern Responsibilities:
- Create story boards for marketing campaigns – initial goal is one video per month and approximately 30 new, unique photos per month.
- Maintain a private Pinterest board of inspiration photographic images
- Assist the marketing director by taking pictures (and video) of products, people on the water, special events, and more.
- Prepare images for marketing materials as directed
- Organize and edit current Patriyachtic photo library
Student at a college/university, graduate student or recent college graduate
Must be responsible and able to multi-task.
Must be flexible, creative, resourceful and willing to roll with changes — spontaneity happens!
Must work well with others. Must be a team player. We will be using volunteer models – so we need to make sure they’re having fun and treated with respect and appreciation.
Videography, video editing.
Adobe Photoshop, iMovie proficiency is highly preferred.
Must have a basic knowledge of computers and various applications.
Must be dependable and flexible with a mature, stable, and pleasant personality.
- Exposure & work experience: allow us to help you develop professionally under the careful guidance of our marketing director and co-founders.
- A unique experience: Patriyachtic is pretty darned new and you’ll be on the ground floor as we take this brand to the next level and the next level. It’s an exciting and positive environment – plus most of our photography takes place outside on beautiful boats, docks, and cool coastal locations.
- Food – we love to eat and, if you’re 21, you can have an adult beverage with us too!
- Travel – We’ll be doing photo shoots at various locations in coastal North Carolina.
- Swag – Tee-shirts, ball caps, koozies, and more! We’ll deck you out in Patriyachtic style!We’d be happy to work with your skill set and adjust some of these responsibilities if needed, but we’re looking for someone responsible, hard-working and flexible. You’d also need to be a team-player who is comfortable interacting with non-professional models and willing to go above and beyond to get that perfect shot. We’ll provide training and explanation in terms of content and vision, but really we’d like someone who will show initiative and creativity.
If you’re interested…
Contact us by email at Info@Patriyachtic.com. In the subject line, please note “Photography Intern.” If you think your social media accounts are a good overview of your photography, send us your Instagram and Facebook links. If you’ve got a digital portfolio, we’d love to see it. Please write a brief paragraph describing yourself, why you’re interested in this opportunity, and what you think about the brand Patriyachtic. It doesn’t need to be lengthy – just hit the highlights! Thank you for your interest in Patriyachtic! We look forward to hearing from you!